Sunday, August 11, 2013

124 - Grok the Sock

Listen here.

Latte: I cast on another try at Color Affection. This time, I'm using Malabrigo Baby Silkpaca lace. 
Brewing: I am trying to get a handle on how to precisely fit a sock. I've referred to several sources, among them: Clara Parkes's The Knitter's Book of Socks, Techknitting, and Knitty.com's Foot Sizing Survey Results. I mention that the word "grok" comes from Robert Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land, (and by the way, if you haven't read it, you should!). 
Bite: Verlyn Klinkenborg wrote a short column for The New York Times on Sunday, August 11th called Books to Have and to Hold. [Disclaimer: I was not familiar with this author and I think I mistakendly thought he was a woman. Sorry!] The question for you is: what is the difference for you between a paper book and an ebook? Corollary: what if your knitting projects simply disappeared when you finished them? Would you feel differently about knitting? In this segment, I mention Stephen King's 11/22/63. 
Taste: Review of The Unofficial Harry Potter Knits published by interweave/knittingdaily.com. 
Sofa: My new photo obsession is taking pictures inside of a kaleidoscope. I talk about the new season of Dexter, and the podcast Chop Bard.

Special thanks: DebC, for supporting me through a difficult change in my eating habits! If you want to learn about "Paleo-ish", one place to start is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment