Thursday, January 24, 2013

106 I'll Take Popcorn with That




Decor at Shattuck Cinemas, Berkeley
Listen here.
Latte: I am almost done with the Gable Mitts by Miriam Felton. The double start double cast on gives a beautiful edge, almost like tiny picots. 

Chai: Shattuck Avenue in Berkeley has some beautiful old movie theaters. If you go don't just watch the show, check out the decor!

In Oakland, I discovered Piedmont Yarn and Apparel, a beautiful shop that sells yarn, spinning fiber and also rents out knitting DVDs. It's a friendly place, and they have a knitting group on Wednesdays and Fridays from 3pm to 7pm.

Events: I will be at Madrona from February 14 through the 17th and would love to meet you! Stay tuned for podcaster meet up info. 

I tell a Sewing Story. If you're curious about bound buttonholes, look here

Sofa: I've been going to the movies, and share my impressions of Les Miserables, Cirque du Soleil, Life of Pi and Argo.

Caffeinated: I'm excited about two things this week: Clarins UV Plus HP Ecran Multi-Protection SPF40 and an app, Calibre Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment