Saturday, August 21, 2010

What's in a name? Apparently, quite a bit!

Listen here!
This week, Ben had nothing to say, but Abby really ran off at the mouth! In Grande, I found that Louisa turned out very grande indeed! 


I was refreshed without any calorie intake at Chocolate Bar, where I enjoyed iced fair trade Black Coconut tea. 


I'm experiencing severe startitis, between the new Norah Gaughan book, Rowan magazine and some delicious patterns in the new Twist Collective: Hallett's Ledge, Hawthorne, Acorns, and Coventry. I'm also pretty excited about Rosemary Hill's Seven Small Shawls to Knit book.


In Stir, I contemplate serious swatching and sampling of my Superwash Merino & Tencel from Susan's Spinning Bunny.


Taste brings us Abby's review of Socks A La Carte 2 - Toes Up, and she throws down the gauntlet to Ben for his take on the book.


For Bite, I'm asking listeners to weigh in on questions about introversion and extroversion, as well as seamed versus seamless knits. Finally, if you have a favorite espresso maker or other great coffee maker, let us know!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, Abby and Ben! I am enjoying listening to your podcast. Best wishes for a long run with it! As a hopelessly addicted coffee lover who has two adult daughters who are Baristas with Starbucks (one of them is a "Coffee Master"), I l-o-v-e your little references to coffee to depict your segments! So fun!

    About coffee makers, the important thing is the water you use, and the temperature of the water as it is brewing. I have a wonderful Cuisinart Grind and Brew and love it. I had a terrific espresso maker that my daughters bought me from Starbucks, called Sirena. It broke a couple of months ago and I need to have it repaired. Ugh!

    Happy knitting!
    Renée

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just wanted to let you know I love your podcast! I've just started listening and haven't caught up yet, but I think they're very good! Great job! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word for coffee... Aeropress. See http://aerobie.com/products/aeropress.htm Then buy from either Amazon or The Coffee Artisan

    It is by far the least expensive and space-efficient way to get a great cup of coffee. It's wonderful for my daughter and I, who are the only coffee drinkers, because we can fix what we want (coffee, espresso, very very strong coffee to ice down later, etc.) in the quantity we want with VERY little fuss and mess. No more pots sitting for hours waiting for the other person, no more wasted coffee, no more space taken up on the counter except one small spot where we keep the Aeropress and our cups at the ready.

    We LOVE LOVE LOVE ours, and although I'm not a typical "as seen on TV" type gal, this is one where the hype is real - it works wonderfully and is so much less than nice espresso makers, AND it's compact!

    So yeah, it's Aeropress all the way for us, and several of my friends who also own and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm checking out coffee makers now, thanks to your suggestions. I am about as moved in as I can be without a carpenter to build me some shelves. Living in a NYC apartment is like negotiating a chinese puzzle. I love a challenge, so it's ok!

    ReplyDelete